TERMS OF SERVICE
These terms of service constitute a legally binding agreement (“Agreement”) between you and UniRide Transportation, LLC (“UniRide,” “we,” “us” or “our”) governing your use of the UniRide application, website, and technology platform (collectively, “UniRide Platform”).
By entering into this Agreement, and/or by using or accessing the UniRide Platform, you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE UniRide PLATFORM.
The UniRide Platform provides a marketplace where persons who seek transportation to certain destinations (“Rider” or “Riders”) can be matched with persons driving to or through those destinations (“Driver” or “Drivers”). Drivers and Riders are collectively called “User” or “Users,” and each User will create a User account that enables access to the UniRide Platform.
Each person may only create one User account, and UniRide reserves the right to shut down any additional accounts. To access or use the Services, Users may have to provide information about themselves including name, email address, home address, payment information, vehicle information, and social security number. You agree that any registration information you give to UniRide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date. You must not impersonate someone else or provide account information or an email address other than your own. Your account must not be used for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. In using the Services, you must violate no laws.
As a User, you authorize UniRide to match you with a Driver or Rider based on factors such as your location, the estimated time to pick up, your destination, user preferences, and platform efficiency, and to cancel an existing match and rematch based on the same considerations. For this Agreement, the driving services provided through the UniRide Platform will be called “Service” or “Services”. Any decision by a User to offer or accept Services is made under the User’s sole discretion. Each Service provided by a Driver to a Rider will constitute a separate agreement between such persons.
The UniRide Platform may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under law. The UniRide Platform is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or Users who have had their User account temporarily or permanently deactivated. By becoming a User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old, and that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into and abide by the terms of this Agreement. You may not allow other persons to use your User account, and you agree that you are the sole authorized user of your account. You agree to use the Services for lawful purposes only.
As a Rider, you understand that request or use of the Services may cause charges to you (“Charges”). Charges may include fares and other applicable fees, tolls, surcharges, and taxes, plus any tips to the Driver that you elect to pay. UniRide has the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing or quoting a price for a specific ride when you make a request. Pricing may vary based on the service you request (e.g., UniRide Eco, UniRide Luxury). You review the price quote within the UniRide app and will be responsible for all Charges incurred under your User account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts of the same.
Fares. The fares per ride are quoted in the UniRide app for Riders prior to requesting a ride.
Fees and Other Charges.
- Service Fee. You may be charged a “Service Fee” for each ride.
- Prime Time. For high demand for Services (“Prime Time”), you acknowledge that Charges may increase substantially.
- Cancellation Fee. After requesting a ride, you may cancel it through the UniRide app. However, in certain cases, a cancellation fee may apply. You may also be charged if you fail to show up after requesting a ride.
- Damage Fee. If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver's vehicle, you agree to pay a damage fee of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by UniRide in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning (“Damage Fee”). UniRide reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
- . Sometimes, tolls (or return tolls) may apply to your ride. We do not guarantee that the amount charged by UniRide will match the toll charged to the Driver, if any.
- Other Charges. Other fee and surcharges may apply to your ride, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, and event fees as determined by UniRide. In addition, where required by law, UniRide will collect taxes.
- . Following a ride, you may elect to tip your Driver in cash or through the UniRide application. Any tips will be provided entirely to the Driver.
- Facilitation of Charges. All Charges are facilitated through Stripe, a third-party payment processing service. UniRide may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you. Charges will only be made through the UniRide Platform. Except for tips, cash payments are strictly prohibited. Your payment of Charges to UniRide satisfies your payment obligation for your use of the UniRide Platform and Services.
- . All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy will apply regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the UniRide Platform, any disruption to the UniRide Platform or Services, or any other reason.
- . You may receive coupons that you can apply toward payment of certain Charges upon completion of a Ride. Coupons are only valid for use on the UniRide Platform, and are not transferable or redeemable for cash except as required by law. Coupons cannot be combined, and if the cost of your ride exceeds the credit or discount value we will charge your payment method on file for the outstanding cost of the Ride. For quoted or variable fares, UniRide may deduct the amount attributable to the Service Fee, Tolls, or Other Charges before application of the coupon. Additional restrictions on coupons may apply as communicated to you in a relevant promotion or by clicking on the coupon within the Promotions section of the UniRide app.
- Credit Card Authorization. Upon addition of a new payment method or each ride request, UniRide may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify the payment method, ensure the ride cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge; however, it may reduce your credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or prepaid card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and cannot assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank.
If you are a Driver, you will receive payment for your provision of Services under these terms.
Driver Fare. You are entitled to a driver fare for each ride that you provide to a Rider (“Driver Fare”). The Driver Fare will vary between cities. The Driver Far is calculated based on: (1) the actual time of the ride you provide; (2) base fare; and (3) mileage, as measured by UniRide.
Where a Rider cancels your ride in violation of UniRide’s cancellation policy, we may charge the Rider a cancellation fee on the Driver’s behalf. In those cases, the Driver Fare will be the amount of the cancellation penalty.
Additional Payments. Besides the Driver Fare, Driver will receive these payments, if applicable: (i) any tips from Riders; (ii) any tolls or surcharges we collect for remittance to Driver; (iii) any Damage Fee we collect on Driver’s behalf; and (iv) any bonuses or incentives the Driver earns while providing Services.
Adjustments and Settlement. UniRide reserves the right to adjust or withhold all or a portion of a Driver Fare or other payment owed to you (except tips) (i) if it believes that you have attempted to defraud or abuse Riders, UniRide or UniRide’s payment systems, or (ii) to resolve a Rider complaint (e.g., you took an inefficient route or failed to properly end a particular instance of Services in the UniRide application when the ride was over). UniRide’s decision to adjust or withhold the Driver Fare or other payment in any way will be exercised reasonably. If you have agreed to any other amounts being deducted from your Driver Fares with any party (such as vehicle rental or lease payments), those amounts will be deducted before remittance to you, and we may determine the order of these other deductions if allowed by law. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your Driver Fare and any other payments to you will be paid to you on at least a weekly basis. You acknowledge and agree that all payments owed to you will not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we must withhold by law.
Rider Charges. For each Ride, UniRide will charge the Rider an amount calculated or determined by UniRide on your behalf (“Rider Charges”). Riders may elect to add an additional tip to you on top of the Rider Charges. The tip will be paid entirely to you and will be considered separate from the Rider Charges. Unless otherwise indicated, for each ride, the Rider Charges includes the Driver Fare, applicable tolls, fees retained by us (including the Platform Fee described below), and any Third Party Fees. “Third Party Fees” include any airport fees, or any state or local fees, surcharges or taxes imposed while providing Services that UniRide is required by law or agreement to collect and remit to third parties.
UniRide Fees. For Driver’s use of the UniRide Platform and the services provided by UniRide, the Driver agrees to pay UniRide (and permit UniRide to retain) a service fee (“Service Fee”) and platform fee (“Platform Fee”) based on each ride you provide. The Service Fee will be $3.00. The Platform Fee will be $3.00.
Payment Processing. Payment processing services are provided by Stripe and subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (available at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal), which includes the Stripe Services Agreement (available at https://stripe.com/us/legal) (collectively, the "Stripe Terms"). By using the UniRide Platform to receive payment proceeds, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Terms, which may be modified occasionally. As a condition of UniRide enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you authorize UniRide to obtain all necessary access and perform all necessary activity on your Stripe Connected Account to facilitate your provision of Services as contemplated by the Agreement and your relationship with UniRide. You further agree to provide accurate and complete information about you and your business, and authorize UniRide to share it and transaction information with Stripe to facilitate the payment processing services provided by Stripe. UniRide reserves the right to switch payment processing vendors in its discretion.
Promotions and Coupons. UniRide may, at its discretion, offer promotional or other Coupons to Riders, however such discounts will not impact the Driver Fare or any other payments owed to the Driver.
No Additional Amounts. You acknowledge and agree that, mutually to benefit the parties, through advertising and marketing, UniRide and its affiliates may seek to generate additional demand for your Services from new and existing Riders. You acknowledge and agree such advertising or marketing does not entitle you to any additional monetary amounts beyond the amounts established in this Agreement.
DRIVER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND AGREEMENTS
By providing Services as a Driver on the UniRide Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle and have all licenses, approvals, and authority to transport Riders in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will not engage in reckless behavior while driving, drive unsafely, operate a vehicle that is unsafe to drive, permit an unauthorized third party to accompany you in the vehicle while providing Services, provide Services as a Driver while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or take action that harms or threatens to harm the safety of the UniRide community or third parties.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle reported to, and approved by UniRide, and for which a photograph has been provided to UniRide, and you will not transport more passengers than can securely be seated in such vehicle (and not over seven (7) passengers in any instance).
- You will not, while providing the Services, operate as a public or common carrier or taxi service, accept street hails, charge for rides (except as provided in this Agreement), demand that a Rider pay in cash, or use a credit card reader, such as a Square Reader, to accept payment or engage in any other activity so it is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud UniRide or Riders on the UniRide Platform or in providing Services. If you have engaged in fraudulent activity, we may withhold Fares or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will reasonably accommodate Riders and/or service animals, as required by law.
- You agree that UniRide may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records. You further agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for operating the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will pay all federal, state, and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
By entering into this Agreement or using the Platform, you agree to receive communications from UniRide, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications. You agree that texts, calls or prerecorded messages may be generated by automatic telephone dialing systems. Communications from UniRide, its affiliated companies, and/or Drivers, may include but are not limited to: operational communications about your User account or use of the UniRide Platform or Services, updates about new and existing features on the UniRide Platform, communications about promotions run by us or our third-party partners, and news about UniRide and industry developments. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send.
If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe options in the promotional email itself.
Regarding your use of the UniRide Platform and your participation in the Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the UniRide Platform or the servers or networks connected to the UniRide Platform;
- post Information or interact on the UniRide Platform or Services in a manner which is fraudulent, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, harassing, or illegal;
- use the UniRide Platform that infringes any third party’s rights, including: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the UniRide Platform;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the UniRide Platform, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices referring us to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose;
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the UniRide Platform or any software used on or for the UniRide Platform;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license or sublicense the UniRide Platform or access to any portion of the UniRide Platform;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the UniRide Platform or its contents;
- link directly or indirectly to any other websites;
- transfer or sell your User account, password and/or identification to any other party
- discriminate against or harass anyone based on race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation, or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
All intellectual property rights in the UniRide Platform will be owned by UniRide absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names in the UniRide Platform are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and will become the sole property of UniRide. UniRide will own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and may have the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
UniRide and other UniRide logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are trademarks owned by UniRide in the United States (collectively, the “UniRide Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, UniRide grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the UniRide Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the UniRide Platform (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you will not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense regarding the rights granted without UniRide’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The UniRide Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You acknowledge that UniRide is the owner and licensor of the UniRide Marks, including all goodwill associated with the same, and that your use of the UniRide Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the UniRide Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of UniRide. You agree to use the UniRide Marks strictly in accordance with UniRide’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as provided to you and revised occasionally, and to immediately cease any use that UniRide determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not: (1) create any materials that use the UniRide Marks or any derivatives of the UniRide Marks as a trademark, service mark, trade name or trade dress, other than as approved by UniRide in writing; (2) use the UniRide Marks in any way that impairs their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the UniRide Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein; (3) take any other action that would jeopardize or impair UniRide’s rights as owner of the UniRide Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the UniRide Marks, including, challenging or opposing UniRide’s ownership in the UniRide Marks; (4) apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of the UniRide Marks, any derivative of the UniRide Marks, any combination of the UniRide Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word similar to the UniRide Marks; (5) use the UniRide Marks on or in any product, service or activity in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may cause immediate termination of the License, in UniRide’s sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the UniRide Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation UniRide exclusively owns all right, title and interest in such materials, including any modifications to the UniRide Marks or derivative works based on the UniRide Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to UniRide, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by UniRide to enable UniRide to formalize such assignment.
UniRide respects the intellectual property of others and expects Users to do the same.
These disclaimers are made on behalf of UniRide, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and shareholders.
UniRide does not provide transportation services, and UniRide is not a transportation carrier. UniRide is not a common carrier or public carrier. It is up to the Driver to decide whether to offer a ride to a Rider contacted through the UniRide Platform, and it is up to the Rider to decide whether to accept a ride from any Driver contacted through the UniRide Platform. We cannot ensure that a Driver or Rider will complete an arranged transportation service. We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs because of the Services.
The UniRide Platform is provided on an “as is” basis and with no warranty or condition, express, implied, or statutory. We do not guarantee and promise no specific results from use of the UniRide Platform and/or the Services, including the ability to provide or receive Services at any location or time. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
We do not warrant that your use of the UniRide Platform or Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the UniRide Platform will be corrected, or that the UniRide Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made regarding connectivity and availability of the UniRide Platform or Services.
We cannot guarantee that each Rider is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the UniRide Platform and Services, including looking at the photos of the Driver or Rider to confirm that it is the same individual you see in person. There are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication, or other use or access of the UniRide Platform by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Driver or Rider prior to engaging in an arranged transportation service.
UniRide is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the UniRide Platform or Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users. We do not procure insurance for, nor are we responsible for, personal belongings left in the car by Drivers or Riders. By using the UniRide Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to accept such risks and agree that UniRide is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Users on the UniRide Platform or participating in the Services.
You are responsible for your User account and UniRide expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your User account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your User account, or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish, or post to or through the UniRide Platform (including any profile information you provide), send to other Users, or share during the Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for any personal information that you disclose to other Users on the UniRide Platform or through the Services. Please carefully select the information that you post on the UniRide Platform or through the Services or release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”).
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content about UniRide or provided through the UniRide Platform, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted by third parties, whether on the UniRide Platform or otherwise. We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted on the UniRide Platform and remove any such material that in our sole opinion violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others.
Location data provided by the UniRide Platform is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither UniRide, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data tracked or displayed by the UniRide Platform. Any of your Information, including geolocational data, you upload, provide, or post on the UniRide Platform may be accessible to UniRide and certain Users of the UniRide Platform.
UniRide advises you to use the UniRide Platform with a data plan with unlimited or high data usage limits, and UniRide will not responsible or liable for any fees, costs, or overage charges associated with any data plan you use to access the UniRide Platform.
RELATIONSHIP WITH UniRide
As a Driver on the UniRide Platform, you acknowledge and agree that you and UniRide are in a direct business relationship, and the relationship between the parties under this Agreement is solely that of independent contracting parties. You and UniRide expressly agree that: (1) this is not an employment agreement and creates no employment relationship between you and UniRide; and (2) no joint venture, franchisor- franchisee, partnership, or agency relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. You have no authority to bind UniRide, and you undertake not to hold yourself out as an employee, agent, or authorized representative of UniRide.
UniRide does not, and will not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under this Agreement specifically, including in your provision of Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when, where, and for how long you will utilize the UniRide Platform. You retain the option to accept or to decline or ignore a Rider’s request for Services via the UniRide Platform, or to cancel an accepted request for Services via the UniRide Platform, subject to UniRide’s then-current cancellation policies. Except for any signage required by law or permit/license rules or requirements, UniRide will have no right to require you to: (a) display UniRide’s names, logos or colors on your vehicle(s); or (b) wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying UniRide’s names, logos or colors. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide Services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities.
Besides connecting Riders with Drivers, the UniRide Platform may enable Users to provide or receive goods or services from other third parties.
For example, Users may use the UniRide Platform to order a delivery of goods, purchase a digital item, request a carpool ride from a commuter going in your direction, or when travelling outside of the United States, to connect with local transportation platforms and request rides from local drivers (collectively, “Other Services”). You understand and that the Other Services are subject to the terms and pricing of the third-party provider. If you purchase Other Services through the UniRide Platform, you authorize UniRide to charge your payment method on file according to the pricing terms set by the third-party provider. You agree that UniRide is not responsible and may not be held liable for the Other Services or the actions or omissions of the third- party provider. Such Other Services may not be investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Other Services accessed through the UniRide Platform.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold UniRide including our affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, successors and assigns, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or shareholders harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the UniRide Platform and participation in the Services, including: (1) your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference; (2) your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, Drivers, Riders, other motorists, and pedestrians, because of your own interaction with such third party; (3) any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the UniRide Platform or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; (4) your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or (5) any other activities in the Services. This indemnity will apply without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL UniRide, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, PARENTS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY “UniRide” FOR PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION), BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR DELETION, CORRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE UniRide PLATFORM, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE UniRide PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE UniRide PLATFORM MAY BE USED BY YOU TO REQUEST AND SCHEDULE TRANSPORTATION, GOODS, OR OTHER SERVICES WITH THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, BUT YOU AGREE THAT UniRide HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO YOU RELATED TO ANY TRANSPORTATION, GOODS OR OTHER SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a User account. This Agreement may be terminated: a) by User, without cause, upon seven (7) days’ prior written notice to UniRide; or b) by either Party immediately, without notice, upon the other Party’s material breach of this Agreement. In addition, UniRide may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your User account immediately in the event: (1) you no longer qualify to provide Services or to operate the approved vehicle under applicable law, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation; (2) you fall below UniRide’s star rating or cancellation threshold; (3) UniRide has the good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect the safety of the UniRide community or third parties, provided that if a deactivation occurs under (1)-(3) above, you will be given notice of the potential or actual deactivation and an opportunity to cure the issue to UniRide’s reasonable satisfaction prior to UniRide permanently terminating the Agreement. For all other breaches of this Agreement, you will be provided notice and an opportunity to cure the breach. If the breach is cured promptly and to UniRide’s satisfaction, this Agreement will not be permanently terminated.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to UniRide’s business, operations and properties, information about a User provided to you in such User’s use of the Platform, which may include the User’s name, pick-up location, contact information and photo (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to you by UniRide for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You will not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of UniRide to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you will not have liability to UniRide regarding any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain when it was disclosed by UniRide or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of UniRide; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than UniRide without breach of this Agreement by you and otherwise not in violation of UniRide’s rights; or is disclosed under the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You will provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to UniRide to enable UniRide to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
If UniRide modifies the terms of this Agreement, such modifications will bind you only upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement. UniRide reserves the right to modify any information in this Agreement occasionally, and such modifications will become effective upon posting. Continued use of the UniRide Platform or Services after any such changes will constitute your consent to such changes and acceptance of the amended terms.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
The UniRide Platform contain links to third party websites and resources. You acknowledge and agree that UniRide is not responsible or liable for the availability, accuracy, content, or policies of third party websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources imply no endorsement by or affiliation with UniRide. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND WAIVER
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and UniRide pertaining to the UniRide Platform and Services, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings between the parties. No waiver of any provisions of this Agreement by UniRide will constitute a waiver or continuing waiver of any other provision. No waiver will be binding unless executed in writing by UniRide.
UniRide may give notice with a general notice on the Services, electronic mail to your email address in your Account, telephone or text message to any phone number provided in your account, or by written communication sent by first class mail or pre-paid post to any address connected with your Account. Such notice will be deemed to have been given upon the expiration of 48 hours after mailing or posting (if sent by first class mail or pre-paid post) or 12 hours after sending (if sent by email or telephone). You may give notice to UniRide, with such notice deemed given when received by UniRide, at any time by first class mail or pre-paid post to our registered agent for service of process, c/o Uniride Logistic Inc., 3105 NW 107th Ave, Suite 400, Doral, FL 33172, or by email at email@example.com.
By agreeing to this Agreement, you agree that you must resolve any claim you may have against UniRide individually in arbitration, as set forth in this section (“Arbitration Agreement”). This will preclude you from bringing any class, collective, or representative action against UniRide, and also preclude you from participating in or recovering relief under any current or future class, collective, consolidated, or representative action brought against UniRide by someone else.
Agreement to Binding Arbitration Between You and UniRide. You and UniRide agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement or the existence, breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof, or (b) your access to or use of the Services at any time, whether before or after the date you agreed to this Agreement, will be settled by binding arbitration between you and UniRide, and not in a court of law.
You acknowledge and agree that you and UniRide are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Unless both you and UniRide otherwise agree in writing, any arbitration will be conducted only individually and not in a class, collective, consolidated, or representative proceeding. However, you and UniRide each retain the right to bring an individual action in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party's copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
Rules and Governing Law. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the "AAA Rules") then in effect, except as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
The parties agree that the arbitrator (“Arbitrator”), and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, have exclusive authority to resolve any disputes relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement, including any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The Arbitrator will also determine all threshold arbitrability issues, including issues relating to whether the terms are unconscionable or illusory and any defense to arbitration, including waiver, delay, laches, or estoppel.
Notwithstanding any choice of law or other provision, the parties agree and acknowledge that this Arbitration Agreement evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce and that the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (“FAA”), will govern its interpretation and enforcement and proceedings pursuant thereto. It is the intent of the parties that the FAA and AAA Rules will preempt all state laws to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the FAA and AAA Rules are found to not apply to any issue that arises under this Arbitration Agreement or the enforcement thereof, then that issue will be resolved under the laws of the State of Maryland.
Process. A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. (The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration - Consumer Arbitration Rules at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879). The Arbitrator will be (1) a retired judge or (2) an attorney specifically licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland and will be selected by the parties from the AAA's roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties cannot agree upon an Arbitrator within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the Arbitrator under the AAA Rules.
Location and Procedure. Unless you and UniRide otherwise agree, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely based on documents you and UniRide submit to the Arbitrator, unless you request a hearing, or the Arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the Arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
Arbitrator's Decision. The Arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having competent jurisdiction to do so. The Arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only for the claimant and only to the extent to provide relief warranted by the claimant's individual claim. An Arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding on all parties. An Arbitrator’s decision and judgment thereon will have no precedential or collateral estoppel effect. If you prevail in arbitration you may have an award of attorneys' fees and expenses, to the extent provided under law. UniRide will not seek and waives all rights UniRide may have under law to recover, attorneys' fees, and expenses if UniRide prevails in arbitration.
Fees. If you initiate arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement after participating in the optional negotiation process described below and are otherwise required to pay a filing fee under the AAA Rules, UniRide agrees that, unless your claim is for $5,000 or more, your share of the filing and arbitration fees is limited to $50, and that, after you submit proof of payment of the filing fee to UniRide, UniRide will promptly reimburse you for all but $50 of the filing fee. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the claim is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules subject to these modifications.
- If UniRide initiates arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, UniRide will pay all AAA filing and arbitration fees.
- Regarding any claims brought by UniRide against a Driver, or for claims brought by a Driver against UniRide that: (A) are based on an alleged employment relationship between UniRide and a Driver; (B) arise out of, or relate to, UniRide’s actual deactivation of a Driver’s User account or a threat by UniRide to deactivate a Driver’s User account; (C) arise out of, or relate to, UniRide’s actual termination of a Driver’s Agreement with UniRide under the termination provisions of this Agreement, or a threat by UniRide to terminate a Driver’s Agreement; (D) arise out of, or relate to, Fares (as defined in this Agreement, including UniRide’s commission or fees on the Fares), tips, or average hourly guarantees owed by UniRide to Drivers for Services, other than disputes relating to referral bonuses, other UniRide promotions, or consumer-type disputes, or (E) arise out of or relate to background checks performed in a user seeking to become a Driver (the subset of claims in subsections (A)-(E) will be collectively called “Driver Claims”), UniRide will pay all costs unique to arbitration (as compared to the costs of adjudicating the same claims before a court), including the regular and customary arbitration fees and expenses (to the extent not paid by UniRide under the fee provisions above). However, if you are the party initiating the Driver Claim, you will contribute up to an amount equal to the filing fee paid to initiate the claim in the court of general jurisdiction in the state in which you provide Services to Riders, unless a lower fee amount would be owed by you under the AAA Rules, applicable law, or subsection (e)(1) above. Any dispute on whether a cost is unique to arbitration will be resolved by the arbitrator. For this section, the term “Driver” will be deemed to include both Drivers and Driver applicants not approved to drive.
- Except as provided in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 68 or any state equivalents, each party will pay its own attorneys’ fees and pay any costs that are not unique to the arbitration (i.e., costs that each party would incur if the claim(s) were litigated in a court such as costs to subpoena witnesses and/or documents, take depositions and purchase deposition transcripts, copy documents, etc.).
- At the end of any arbitration, the arbitrator may award reasonable fees and costs or any portion thereof to you if you prevail, to the extent authorized by law.
- If the arbitrator issues you an award that is greater than the value of UniRide’s last written settlement offer made after you participated in good faith in the optional negotiation process described below, then UniRide will pay you the award or U.S. $1,000, whichever is greater.
Changes. If UniRide changes this Arbitration Agreement after the date you first agreed to its terms (or to any subsequent changes to its terms), you may reject any such change by providing UniRide written notice of such rejection within thirty (30) calendar days of the date such change became effective, as stated in the "Effective" date above. This written notice must be provided either: (a) by mail or hand delivery to our registered agent for service of process, c/o Uniride Logistic Inc., 3105 NW 107th Ave, Suite 400, Doral, FL 33172; or (b) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Severability and Survival. If any portion of this Arbitration Agreement is unenforceable or unlawful for any reason, (1) the unenforceable or unlawful provision will be severed from the terms; (2) severance of the unenforceable or unlawful provision will have no impact on the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement or the parties’ ability to compel arbitration of any remaining claims individually under the Arbitration Agreement; and (3) if any claims must therefore proceed on a class, collective, consolidated, or representative basis, such claims must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration, and the parties agree that litigation of those claims will be stayed pending the outcome of any individual claims in arbitration.
Optional Pre-Arbitration Negotiation. Before initiating any arbitration proceeding, you and UniRide may agree to first attempt to negotiate any dispute, claim, or controversy between the parties informally for 30 days, unless this time period is mutually extended by you and UniRide. A party who intends to seek negotiation under this subsection must first send to the other a written notice of the dispute (“Notice”). The Notice must: (1) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (2) set forth the specific relief sought. All offers, promises, conduct, and statements, whether oral or written, made in the negotiation by the parties, their agents, employees, and attorneys are confidential, privileged and inadmissible for any purpose, including as evidence of liability or for impeachment, in arbitration or other proceeding involving the parties, provided that evidence that is otherwise admissible or discoverable will not be rendered inadmissible or non-discoverable because of its use in the negotiation.
If any term, provision, covenant, or condition is held by an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void, or unenforceable, the rest of the terms, provisions, covenants, or conditions will remain in full force and effect and will in no way be affected, impaired, or invalidated.
You may not assign these terms without UniRide’s prior written approval. UniRide may assign these terms without your consent to: (i) a subsidiary or affiliate; (ii) an acquirer of UniRide's equity, business or assets; or (iii) a successor by merger. Any purported assignment in violation of this section will be void.
If you have questions about these terms, email us at email@example.com.